Springtime Beauty Tips From the FarmFarm Picked For You
Spring is the air and we are all ready for the luscious fruits and vegetables that come this season. Nothing is better than walking through spring with soft skin. Over the counter, chemical products can often cause more harm than help. The best way to brighten up your skin is by using fresh, natural sources like farm fresh fruits and vegetables. Let’s go through some tips on how you can use fresh foods and other natural products to freshen up for skin and feel as beautiful as the blooming flowers of Spring.
Control What Goes Into Your Diet
Your diet can have a huge impact on your skin. More than most people are aware. Here are some tips on how to alter your diet in a way that will help your skin glow.
- Eliminate processed foods and anything super heavy in sugar. Get your sugars from natural sources like fruit. Sign up for our Fruits Big Box to get a jump on this one!
- Eat more vegetables throughout the day. They are filled with micronutrients that your skin needs to stay perfect. All of our boxes except for our fruit boxes come with a variety of colorful vegetables.
- Eat wild salmon regularly for its antioxidants that protect your skin from harmful UV rays and omega-3-fatty-acids that are anti-inflammatory.
- Hydrate your body throughout the day with coconut water or regular water for taught, healthy skin.
- Vitamin C has been shown to boost the immune system, which means healing blemishes faster, among other things. Vitamin C can be found in foods such as blueberries, broccoli, kiwi, oranges, and yams. These are all foods found in out Farm Picked for You Beauty Box.
- Healthy fats found in food like avocado keep your skin moisturized. If you don’t like eating them, make a face mask out of them!
Consider What You Put On Your Skin
Although what you put into your body is vital there is a lot you can do topically to keep you looking your best.
- Avocado is a great moisturizer that can be mixed with honey, yogurt, or oatmeal to make a fun (and delicious!) face mask.
- Reduce puffy eyes by soaking tea bags briefly, chilling them, and placing them over your eyes for 10 minutes.
- Or dab cool green tea over your skin with a cotton ball. It makes a great toner!
- Mix raspberries or beet juice with coconut oil for a naturally tinted lip moisturizer.
- A lemon, sugar, and honey facial scrub is easy to make and will leave your face feeling like a baby’s.
- Rub shea butter on your lips or other patches of dry skin as a moisturizer
- Aloe vera can help soothe red, irritated skin and transform it into soft, healthy skin.
- Make a papaya face mask which contains enzymes to naturally exfoliate your skin.
At Farm Picked for You, we offer a Beauty Box is filled with fresh and delicious fruits and vegetables that have numerous benefits for your skin and the rest of your body. Most of the items found in the box can be used for you to try out some of the many tips listed above. Sign up for your Beauty Box today!