Start Your Day Strong with this Heart-Healthy SmoothieFarm Picked For You
Considering heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women, it is always smart to start the day with an energizing and heart healthy meal. Grabbing a granola bar while you race out the door isn’t necessarily the best option, and most pre-made yogurt shakes don’t have as many nutrients in them as you would hope. A quick and easy option is blending up a smoothie or shake packed full of fruits, veggies, and protein. With the right ingredients, juicing vegetables to create a smoothie can be an entire meal that powers your body for hours! See how you feel when you start your day with this colorful strawberries and cream smoothie recipe.
Valentines Strawberry Cream Smoothie
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 scoop Vanilla or Strawberry Protein Powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ banana
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower
- Filtered water/Almond Milk or Non-Dairy Milk
- Simply add all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth, adding additional water to reach desired texture.
Don’t forget about your partner-in-crime! Make sure to use a full-sized blender and double up the recipe to make 2 servings!
Tips & Benefits:
- If you don’t have pumpkin seeds and/or almond extract, 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter will substitute the almond flavor.
- Feel free to swap out the strawberries for raspberries or blueberries. Berries are all heart-healthy alternatives loaded with polyphenols that reduce free radicals and lowering your risk of stroke.
- Greek Yogurt is higher in protein, but choose a fat-free yogurt to decrease saturated fat intake and reduce your cholesterol. Or try just H20!
- Spinach leaves are high in vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, B6, E, Calcium, and Iron. These vitamins will give you energy and promote a healthy heart!
- Add a few ice cubes if you prefer to use fresh fruit, but still want a cold, thick smoothie!
Are you dying to try this recipe? At Farm Picked For You, we allow our customers to create custom fruit and veggie boxes to make sure you get all the fresh ingredients you need for the best smoothies!
Remember, no subscription is ever required. Order as you need and when you want. If you aren’t sure how quickly you will use the produce, start with a small box. You can order a larger one if you find the small box wasn’t enough. Order your box today, no subscription necessary!