Summer Fruit TartAlysson Toscana
1 1/4c oats
1 c dates
1 tbsp coconut oil
large pinch sea salt
1 1/2c cashews (soaked 2 hours, rinsed and drained)
1/2c rice or almond milk
½ lemon (juice and flesh)
3 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
1/2c coconut oil (melted)
2 tbsp cacao butter (melted)
- Blend base ingredients in a food processor until combined but still with some texture. It should hold together between your fingers.
- Press into a tart tin lined with clear wrap, then pop in the freezer to firm.
- Blend filling ingredients except coconut oil and cacao butter in a blender until silky smooth. Then add coconut oil and cacao butter and blend again until combined. Pour into tart tin and put in fridge to set overnight.
- In the morning top with your choice of fruit, then return to the fridge to re-firm for at least 1 hour (or more) before serving.
- Tart needs to be served straight from fridge, so don’t keep out in the sun on a hot day.
- You can make the whole tart excluding the fruit topping ahead of time and freeze it, bringing it out in the morning, topping with fruit, then putting it in fridge to defrost evenly. You can make multiple tarts in advance like this – I often have a plain tart in the freezer for when I need a quick special occasion dessert.
- You can sprinkle some fresh mint on top too which contrasts beautifully with the fruit.