Summer Two-Cheese Veggie NachosAlysson Toscana
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup diced peeled avocado (about 1 small)
- 2 ounces crumbled queso fresco (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 lime wedges
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add zucchini and next 5 ingredients (through salt); cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beans; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on a large jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tortilla wedges with cooking spray. Broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle shredded Mexican cheese evenly over tortillas. Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts.
Top chips evenly with bean mixture, avocado, queso fresco, cilantro, and tomato. Serve with lime wedges.